Subject: Re: Your Mail
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 00:31:33 -0400 (EDT)

Carl Andrew Johnson wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to see the subject "Re: Your Mail"
> eliminated from future posts. Whenever I see a message with this title
> I assume someone is responding to a letter I wrote them. However in the
> case of the Lightwave mailing list, this is never the case.

"Re: Your Mail" is the default subject inserted by Pine (and presumably
some other mailers) when the mail being replied has *no* subject.  It'd
be nice if everyone supplied a subject when they originate a post, but
not because "Re: Your Mail" causes confusion between list and personal
traffic--this is something a competent mail reader should be telling you
clearly, regardless of the subject.

Pine puts a "+" next to my personal mail, and it gives me the option
of receiving things like list traffic into files other than my inbox.

- Ernie

--
Ernie Wright <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]